28th Oct. – 4th of Nov. 2016
Join us for 7 nights/8 days with up to 10 like-minded professionals.
Location. Cabanas Velhas is a small resort in the Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park. The villa is only a short walk from Cabanas Velhas beach, which has a nice restaurant and a comfortable bean bag seating area where you can relax and listen to live music.
Boca do Rio beach is also close by, located beneath rugged cliffs and an old fortress.
The fishing villages of Praia da Salema and Burgau are only a short (very cheap) taxi drive away. Salema in particular is well known for its restaurants, many of which are sea-facing. Occasionally we take our laptops there to work from a restaurant’s wifi, or to watch the fishermen as they bring in their catch.
Weather. This event coincides with Portugal’s Indian summer so do pack your bathing suit. Even if it’s cooler than usual the pool and top level jacuzzi are heated.
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
Unbeatable Inaugural Week Prices*
You can book a single ensuite twin room to have it to yourself or a shared occupancy ensuite twin room, if you are happy to share it with a fellow coworker of the same gender. We also have a deluxe double bedroom, which will suit an individual or a couple.
- Single room: €560 ** (approx. £480)
- Shared room: €690 / person (approx. £590)
- Deluxe top level ensuite double bedroom – single occupancy: €840 (approx. £720)
- Deluxe top level ensuite double bedroom – couple/shared: €630 / person (approx. £540)
* All prices incl. VAT at 23%. Scroll down the page to see what’s included in the price.
** An upgrade to the deluxe top level bedroom may be offered at a reduced price if the single room options have already been filled. In this case, an upgrade will be offered to the first person to have booked single occupancy twin, and proceed from there.
- Located at Cabanas Velhas between Burgau and Salema (approx. 20 km from Lagos) in the Western Algarve
- Capacity for 4 – 8 coworkers in very comfortable shared or single twin rooms and 1 double room
- Reliable internet connection with boosters throughout the villa
- Dedicated desk/printer room for business calls
- Beautiful views of the sea and countryside
- Private heated pool
- Large jacuzzi with seaview
- Coastal stand-up paddle boarding tour
Please click on the pictures below to view the description and full-size images.
FIRST FLOOR: Access is through the main entrance at the back of the villa, or from the ground floor up the stairs. On this level you’ll find a comfortable dining and living room with a fireplace (for cozy winter evenings) and a large TV. There is a spacious fully equipped kitchen and another ensuite twin room (twin room 2), as well as a guest WC.
The living room, kitchen and twin room all have direct access to the large deck terrace with views of the sea and countryside. There is a large dining table and two BBQs.
TOP LEVEL: There is an XXL sized double ensuite bedroom (deluxe double bedroom) with a shower and bath tub and another ensuite twin room (twin room 3). Both rooms have access to a deck terrace with a large jacuzzi that has views of the sea and countryside.
All terraces can also be accessed by separate doors through the corridors and can therefore be used by all.
- Pickup from the nearest town (Lagos)
- 7 nights/8 days in spacious shared or individual rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms and access to terraces
- Coworking, collaborating and costaying with 5-10 interesting professionals (incl. the coworkvilla team of local freelancers) from all over the world
- Feedback sessions: if you want, you can present a new idea to your fellow coworkers ang get valuable input from them
- Welcome BBQ dinner
- Day-time snacks, coffee, tea, juices
- Daily breakfast
- Mid-week tapas and wine evening
- Typical Portuguese farewell dinner
- Wine and cheese picnic at sunset by the St. Vincent Cape lighthouse on the west coast
- Treats, incl. local Algarvean and Portuguese, throughout the week
- A dedicated desk and printer room
- Reliable internet connection throughout the villa
- Private heated pool
- Large jacuzzi with sea view
- Charcoal and gas BBQs
- Inspiring views of the sea and countryside
- Coastal hikes along the serene south coast and rugged west coast
Such as surfing, stand up boarding tours, rental bikes, mountain bike tours, guided hikes, wakeboarding, yoga… Visits to the beautiful old seaside town of Lagos, the breathtaking west coast, the nearby mountain area of Monchique, and the moorish town of Silves.
- Airport pickup and drop off
Once flights have been booked we will assist in arranging the best option for everyone.
- Dinners and lunches out
Meals not listed as “Included“ are your responsibility. We’ll have 2 evenings booked in amazing restaurants, and the other nights we can cook together, or go out to eat. The Coworkvilla team will be happy to give you a lift to the local supermarkets or farmer’s markets.
The closest airport, Faro, is one hour away. You can also fly to Lisbon and take the train (3-4 hours) to Lagos, where we’d pick you up.
We didn’t want to cram too many activities into the week, as your availability will depend on your work schedule. But we’ll be here to arrange anything you’d like, be it a relaxing massage at the villa, morning yoga sessions for the whole group, maybe a mountain bike to explore the area, or that surfing lesson you’ve always wanted to take.
The nearest airport is Faro (approx. 100 km away). From there you can take a taxi (approx. €80 for a taxi for 4 people), shuttle (cheap at €17, but can take a bit longer) or the train to Lagos (which is cheap, but we only recommend it if you have time to spare).
You can also fly to Lisbon (if you do, let us know and we’ll send you recommendations for exploring the capital). Then you would take a comfortable train (approx. €25 first class) to Lagos, where we can pick you up. There is also a nice coach with wifi from Lisbon to Lagos (approx. €19).